- The human body uses food to manufacture all its building blocks as well as to provide fuel. It performs several thousand different chemical reactions. Each reaction is controlled by “enzymes” and “co-enzymes”. Some of the co-enzymes contain vitamins which the body cannot make by itself and which must be obtained from outside the body.
- Many individuals do not have balanced meals to meet the requirements that the body needs in digesting enough nutrients to sustain the body’s health and fuel factors.
- Research has shown that almost all varieties of disease can be produced by the deficiency of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other nutrients. The most important factor of nutritional deficiencies is the intense processing and refining of foods like cereals and sugar.
- A lot of the vitamins in fruits and vegetables are lost between the farm and your plate. The longer the foods are stored before you eat them, the more nutrients are lost. Heat, light, and exposure to air all reduce the amount of vitamins, especially Vitamin C, thiamin, and folic acid.
- There are over 50 vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and amino acids that keep you healthy.
VITAMIN ABSORPTION TEST
Drop your vitamin supplements into a glass of vinegar. If it doesn’t break down within 30 minutes, try another brand. Vitamins have to break down within 20 to 30 minutes, or else they bypass the first part of the small intestine, where most nutrients are absorbed.
A balanced diet is the most sensible way of getting a sufficient amount of these nutrients.
On this site, the rich and natural sources of all nutrients are listed individually to help you choose the right foods.