Massage is a physical therapy maintaining optimum health by using different moves and pressures applied to the body.
- Stimulates circulation and detoxification
Massage therapy stimulates the circulatory system and allows for the removal of waste from the lymphatic and muscular systems.
- Improves flexibility and reduces pain
Massage therapy also improves flexibility in the body, reduces pain and enhances vitality.
A treatment will typically include: small rhythmic motions, long connected strokes, kneading, cupping and stimulation of the pressure points.
- Rolfing is a system of soft tissue manipulation. The objectives are to realign the body structurally and to harmonise its fundamental movement patterns, in relation to gravity.
- Trigger point release is a form of remedial massage where direct pressure is applied to specific palpable points in tender muscle tissue. The release reduces muscle tension and induces pain relief.
- Stretching is a form of physical exercise where a specific muscle (or muscle group) or tendon is deliberately stretched in order to improve the muscle’s elasticity. The result is a feeling of increased flexibility and range of motion.
TREATMENTS USED ALONGSIDE THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE
- Aromatherapy uses volatile liquid plant oils, known as essential oils, and other scented compounds from plants, to promote health and well-being. Essential oils consist of tiny aromatic molecules that are readily inhaled and absorbed via the skin. These therapeutic constituents enter the bloodstream and are carried around the body. Only a small quantity of aromatherapy essential oil is required to bring about results.
- Reflexology is the practice of massaging, squeezing, or pushing on parts of the feet, or sometimes hands and ears. In reflexology, all parts of the body are represented on the feet and hands with points contained within zones. It is believed that stimulating the relevant areas influences their corresponding organs and systems. Vertical zones of energy run from the head to the feet, not unlike the concept of Chinese meridians. Stimulation at any point on a zone is believed to affect the organs, glands, bones and muscles along it.
Relax as life is made simple for you:
- Simply contact me via phone or e-mail to discuss your therapeutic needs.
- A course of treatments can be designed especially for you.
- You will receive your tailor made quotation via phone or e mail.